Sunday, March 1, 2009

Touchdown!

Yeah, I know that sports analogies are done to death but I think I’m onto something here… The other day I was thinking about this inexplicable magnetism which persistently draws me toward the solution of any given situation. I was thinking about how this magnetism seems to be equal in strength to most peoples resistance to change. And as I shuffled through my general observations of strives toward solutions, something occurred to me in a powerful way.

I suddenly had a mental image of a guy running down a football field, carrying the football. And I imagined this guy weighing just one piece of evidence to determine whether or not he was actually running toward the goal. It was the singular fact that most of the people in his vicinity were trying to tackle him. And so the thought hit me – that one’s effort to arrive at the solution is very much like running for a touchdown. You know you’re headed for the solution because everyone’s trying to tackle you.

Either that or you're charging toward a cliff and your friends are trying to save you...
But hey, I guess you gotta take a chance!
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally stealing this thought.

Anonymous said...

It's always a good idea to check symbols on helmets and uniform colors, because, as you observed, your own teammates might want to tackle you if you're headed towards the wrong end zone with the ball. Other than that, I totally agree. I always feel like I'm on track when I've got the most amount of people/entities/interests trying to stop me. Now the only question remains: what kind of dance are you going to do when you get there and how large a fine are you willing to pay for it? Mas philos. -Jeremy