Sunday, December 23, 2007

The De-evolution of America

Irony of the day: The blind race to de-evolve is being won by those who don't believe that their species is a product of evolution.

It shocks me to see how many people are so blind to the fact of this happening. I guess the blindness is one of the results of the fact that it’s happening.

Many years ago, a man from Ireland said to me – America has less culture than a glass of milk. At that moment in history he was absolutely right. And since then, the validity of his statement has been expanding like the universe. This year, the full scope of his point was punctuated or should I say crowned by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences’ decision to award an Emmy to “Dick in a Box”. I think I even heard something about a Grammy nomination.

In contrast, you can look at a place like the Netherlands. The percentage of their federal budget which is earmarked for the arts is about equivalent to the percentage our federal budget that is dedicated to war.

So, there is the matter of cultural de-evolution. And then there is the matter of the physical size of our brains actually shrinking. It’s the only way I can explain this pandemic of point blank rejection of reality. It has yet to happen on the national level, but on a State by State level the right wing is proudly wiping there ass with the constitution. They are actually teaching Non-science (creationism) as a science in public school science classes.

I live in a society that is actively, willingly and rapidly de-evolving. And it's kinda freaking me out.


Ron Paul recently quoted someone. I forget who he was quoting but the quote went something like:
When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross.

Well, it’s all ready here. And that is exactly how it arrived.

No comments: